Sunday, November 22, 2009

Kevin's Birthday party.

Kevin will officially turn two this Friday, but since it falls on Thanksgiving weekend we celebrated it this weekend. Kevin had a great party! The theme was Elmo/Sesame street since he is a huge Elmo fan. Despite the wet cold weather everyone came out and helped us celebrate. The kids didn't seem to mind the weather and had a blast playing in the backyard.

Kevin really had a lot of fun. He wasn't too sure about us singing him Happy Birthday though. At Andy's party last weekend he really seemed to enjoy it. So I was really surprised when he began crying when we sang the "Happy Birthday dear Kevin" part. I think it was a combo of everyone looking at him and singing at the same time. But right after we were done singing, he was all good and ready to eat cake. :-)

Kevin did an amazing job at opening his presents. I really expected him to open one and go off to play with it, or for other kids to help him open them. But instead he opened them all himself. And he didn't really stop to play, but instead he was really excited to open them all himself.

His friends and our families were so very kind and Kevin got a TON of new toys. He is crazy about his puzzles, new train, and the little people barn. The play-doh and the doodle pad are also huge hits. Especially the play-doh, although he doesn't really like it when we tell him he isn't supposed to eat the play-doh. :-)

Here are a few photos, when I am able to I will post a video of us singing him Happy Birthday.

And I want to sincerely thank everyone for coming out and helping us celebrate. We are so very glad you could join us!


One of the women from my Mom's group did this cute presentation with pears and writing the food name on a piece of paper and sticking it to the pears. I loved the idea and it got me thinking about making little Elmos. I think they turned out pretty well.

All the kids loved chowing down. I think the fruit platter was the biggest hit.

My mom got a good workout at the party. Kevin loves being pushed around in his little car so my Mom was awesome and oblighed. I think they both had a blast.

Kevin checking out all the food. But what he really wanted was one of the Elmo apples. He was really wanted to eat Elmo's nose. :-)

My amazing nephew Daniel loved the cookie monster headband.


Jonathan was the eldest of all the kids, but he had a blast playing with all the little kids. But even he had to escape. So he stuck his head in the activity cube. Such a sweet, silly boy.


Kevin's birthday cake.

Getting ready to light his candle.

Opening presents!

All the presents have been opened and Kevin was ready to PLAY!

3 comments:

  1. Kevin's Birthday party looks just awesome. You did a wonderful job! I truly loved the theme. We have also been making plans for the fun party on our son’s birthday and will host this at the local event space in LA. Have made a list of best themes but the kid is not able to decide on any of them so I might pick one for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be a stylish jacket. Can be worn over the tank top bought by me online few months back. Will buy it in black color as t would look perfect with track pants for gym. I always do shopping with one of the renowned store online as their prices are also pocket friendly.

    ReplyDelete