Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fun times!

The last week and a half have been a blast for us. A week after Halloween is my birthday and it is becoming a tradition that we celebrate by going to Wurstfest in New Braunfels. I have gone every year since I moved back to Texas, except two years ago when I was 9 months pregnant with Kevin, I sat that year out. :-)

This year we had a blast as usual. We were very lucky to have great friends join us which makes it even more fun. We did have to hunker down for a while due to it raining, but it didn't really dampen our spirits, although I think it did ruin my mom's shoes. Sorry Mom! :-)

We had a good time listening to music, eating a ton of food, drinking a few beers, and just hanging out. Kevin really liked riding the carousel, he got to ride it twice, the second time he wanted to keep riding, but it was raining and we were getting ready to head home.

Kevin was also really happy to get his first beer. Yea, you read that right, but it isn't what you think. When we first got there it was lunch time so we got sausages and beers. Well Kevin knows what a beer is so he asked my mom for some. She let him stick his finger in the top of her beer. He never actually tasted it, just let it drip down his fingers. But after that he wanted to stick his fingers in everyones beer. But when we were walking by one of the booths they had these little stuffed beers. A few years ago when Steve went to Oktoberfest in Germany he had brought me back one, and at Wurstfest they had little mini ones. Jokingly I thought it would be funny to get Kevin one, so my Mom did. He got a little beer keyring that sings and then belches. You can see it in many photos. He wanted to carry it everywhere.



Steve won Kevin a little elephant and a fish. When he got them he had to give them "hugs".

One of the guys working the carnival rides gave Kevin one of the little balloons. He had a blast playing with it.

Slow dancing with Mommy.


Chillin with Grams.


Hanging out with Daddy and holding his stuffed beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment