Sunday, November 15, 2009

Andy's birthday party.

When I began my Mom's group a year and a half ago I met a dear friend, Leslie. It turns out that Leslie and I graduated from Carroll H.S. together. Her close friend Jenny and I wrote for the school newspaper, and my dear friend Charlie and her were on swim team together. We thought it was a neat coincidence to meet each other, for what may be the first time (we aren't sure if we met in HS or not). But found it very interesting that her son Andy, and Kevin shared the same due date (11/15/2007). Andy was born a day early, while Kevin was 12 days late.

Well this weekend we were invited to Andy's birthday party and to help him celebrate turning two. Kevin had a blast at his party. Leslie had planned a little bug hunt for the kids. I didn't think Kevin would actually participate (the draw of the playground was really strong!) but to my surprise he did. And he found 27 of the plastic bugs. Even when we came home he wanted to play with the little bugs, he likes to count them and put them in his little bug jar. He can only count to 10, so when he gets to 11 he just starts back at 1.

Leslie and her husband David also made the cutest cupcake cake made in the shape of a caterpillar. It was so cute, I wish I would have gotten a photo of their handiwork. Kevin loved eating the cupcake, well actually he really loved the frosting. :-)

Andy's party was held at one of the local parks and playground. Kevin loved riding on the roundabout. At first he sat in the middle and just held on, but slowly he would get closer to the edge. He loved it so much he actually managed to climb on it while it was still moving. He did have one minor incident on it though. Some girls began to spin it and he wasn't holding on, so he just flipped off it. He landed face first and did a minor cry, until he realized it was spinning without him. And then he wanted them to stop so he could get on. He is such a resilient little guy.

We had a lot of fun!


Kevin taking a spin on the roundabout.

Holding on and giggling as they kept going faster and faster. With every spin he seemed to slide further and further toward the edge.


A frosting goatee from his cupcake.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Kevin were there to help Andy celebrate. I'm also so very thankful for your friendship and love that Andy and Kevin are little buddies.

    ReplyDelete