Sunday, April 5, 2009

UT Spring Jamboree

We had a great time today at the University of Texas Football Spring Jamboree. We got to visit with our dear friends the Ballards (Jon, Tara, Ainsley and Keegan) and Steve's parents. I didn't have time to watch too much of the game because Kevin wasn't really fond of sitting, but that made the game even more fun. He did really enjoy the cotton candy we got him and had fun going up and down the stairs into the stadium.

There was only one drawback to the game. The people who were sitting in front of us weren't "kid friendly". Since Kevin didn't want to sit still we let him walk around at our feet a bit, as a result he would accidentally hit the people in front of us. Most people we have run into would be ok with it and make a comment about how cute he is, or how old he is etc. Instead these people got mad and moved, they were also part of a big group so some of their friends were in front of Steve. To my shock they began talking about how rude it was for someone to bring a "baby" to the game. I was really glad they moved. But then a friend of theirs came in late. They said they wanted to punish him for being late and make him sit in front of Kevin and I. OUCH! That hurt.

I always thought it wouldn't bother me if people weren't "kid friendly" but I guess I was wrong. Tara and Steve both told me to shake it off. But it really still bugs me. I don't think it is wrong for me to bring my child to a football game, nor is it punishment to have to be near him. I really feel sorry for those people. Kids are such wonderful little people and make your life so much more rewarding. It is a shame they don't feel the same way.

But that aside we really did have a good time.
Tara and Keegan

Kevin and Steve
I think this is such a great picture of Kevin and Steve.


Watching the Godzillatron.

No comments:

Post a Comment