Wednesday, October 28, 2009

23 Months!

My little baby is almost 2. I can't believe how quickly the time flies. The next month is going to be a whirlwind of activity. It is going to be a lot of fun. This past month Kevin's vocabulary has just exploded. He is saying so many new words, some you can't understand, but others that are very clear. To me the funniest words are the ones that sound like cuss words. He usually says one, I stop and stare at him, and ask him to repeat it, hoping I will hear some thing that isn't a cuss word. :-) Right now I have translated what sounds like $hit to sit. Cookie cutter is actually Cookie Monster, out means oatmeal and punkin is pumpkin.

He has also learned to count up to 10. He usually trips up around 8, but sometimes he can get it. He can also identify several colors (red, blue, green, brown, yellow, black, purple and pink) He is also working on shapes, he has circle, and triangle down, but squares and rectangles throw him off.

He is also becoming a huge fan of little songs, he particularly likes the itsy bitsy spider, the wheels on the bus, 5 little monkies, and twinkle twinkle little star. If he is in a really good mood he will even "sing" with you or do the hand motions.

He is also really into Elmo. I think he has a sensor that tells him exactly where an Elmo is in a store. And I had no idea how marketed Elmo is, he really is everywhere! So for Kevin's birthday we are doing an Elmo theme, he is going to be in heaven at his party. :-) He also really likes Dora the Explorer, he has no real interest in Diego, the male version of Dora, only Dora. I think he likes Dora for her silly monkey Boots. He walks around the house saying Boots? Map. Backpack. Dory? (meaning Dora). He is also still a huge fan of the Fresh Beat Band on Nickelodean, but I have had to limit to watching one show a week. If I let him watch more, he gets really upset when we turn off the tv or try to change the channel. He will walk around the house for days saying "Go Go" which is his favorite song they sing.

The next month we are going to be pretty busy but I will do my best to update the blog with our activities and photos of our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment